Social Worker / Columbus, IN
Columbus, IN US
Spectrum Healthcare Services, a healthcare staffing agency is recruiting for a Social Worker for a 17-bed inpatient facility in Columbus, IN.
Provides social work services including assessments, intervention, and education to meet the psychosocial needs of adult patients and/or their family. The Social Worker will identify and provide therapeutic interventions necessary to meet their holistic needs. The Social Worker will communicate with patients, families, and staff to ensure development of a safe and appropriate continuing care plan in preparation for discharge from the acute facility. The role assists patients and their families in resolving personal and environmental issues that would negatively impact their discharge plan of care, predispose an individual to illness, or interfere with obtaining maximum benefit from medical care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs psychosocial assessments within 72 hours of patient admission and document in EMR.
- Obtains collateral information from patients' families and significant other for treatment plan.
- Develops treatment plan in collaboration with medical and mental health staff, using information from the psychosocial assessment.
- Communicates and coordinates with the treatment team as needed regarding patient’s mental health status.
- Coordinates patient care with other health care providers such as psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses, resource specialists, and social service agencies.
- Leads group therapy and individual sessions and document outcome in the EMR.
- Performs family sessions, when appropriate.
- Conducts evaluations of patients who may need to be committed to a hospital or other facility.
- Monitors patient’s progress throughout his or her treatment.
- Explains various treatment options and plans to patients
- Connects patients to relevant resources within and outside the treatment facility.
- Coordinates safe and effective discharges for transition to a different treatment facility or home.
- Provides guidance to the Resource Specialist position.
- Prepares and facilitates treatment team meetings.
- Prepares commitment court request (legal documents) and submit to the courts.
- Collaborates with the court staff, attorneys, and judges to schedule court hearing; should attend hearings with patients.
- Maintains partnerships with organizations, courts, etc. within the community
- Epic EMR
Employment Type: Local Contract
Length: 13 weeks
Target Start Date: ASAP
Shift: Mon-Fri, 8:00a-4:30p; no call, no weekends, no holidays
Weekly Hours: 40
Local Gross Weekly: $2,000/$50.00 hr.
- Must have at least 2 yr of experience as a mental health Social Worker
- LSCW required
- Epic EMR experience preferred