Registered Nurse Charge/Supervisor - Acute Rehab / Dallas, TX
Dallas, TX US
Spectrum Healthcare Services, a healthcare staffing agency is recruiting for a Registered Nurse Charge/Supervisor for an acute rehab facility in Dallas, TX.
- Completes routine audits to assure accurate and timely documentation in Cerner and UDS in order to meet compliance standards.
Assists the Nurse Manager in annual evaluations by providing feedback on clinical performance.
- Identifies educational opportunities for the nursing staff based on clinical needs identified and verbalized by nursing staff.
- Educates and monitors all staff regarding accurate and complete QI documentation to capture accurate burden of care.
- Assists in QI education for licensed nursing staff.
- Acts as key player in daily stand up clinical meeting to communicate/identify patient status.
- Acts as a clinical resource and mentor for nurses in caring for medically complex patients in the facility.
- Assists nursing staff with patient/family teaching needs. Coordinates educational resources to help decrease re-admissions to acute care hospital within 30 days of discharge.
- Provides UDS documentation/orientation training for all new licensed nursing personnel.
- Conducts scheduled remediation sessions for nursing staff with identified documentation deficiencies.
- Participates in Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement (CQPI).
- Ensures the nursing department staff performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety.
- Assures and assists with nursing participation in interdisciplinary team conferences.
- Assists in making nursing staff assignments, based on patient acuity and competency for staff.
- Adheres to staffing matrix.
- Performs timely and accurate QI assessments.
- May need to take a partial or full assignment based on staffing matrix.
- Facility Type: Acute Rehab
- Employment Type: Local Contract
- Length: 13 weeks
- Target Start Date: ASAP
- Shift: 6:45p-7:15a
- Weekly Hours: 36
- Local Gross Weekly $$2,016/$56.00 hr.
- Graduate of accredited registered nurse program; BSN preferred
- Current BLS and ACLS thru the AHA
- Mandatory child and adult abuse certificate required
- Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN) preferred
- Minimum of two years of experience in rehabilitative or acute care setting and/or demonstrates leadership ability
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, evaluate and direct activities of clinical personnel
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English, with additional languages preferred
- Proficiency in basic computer skills required