Pharmacist / Parma, OH
Parma, OH US
Spectrum Healthcare Services, a medical staffing agency is recruiting for Relief Pharmacists to work in a Pharmacy in Parma, OH on a PRN basis. The Pharmacist will fill in on open days based on need and availability. Available shifts are Sun-Sat; day shift.
- Reviews prescriptions to ensure accuracy, to ascertain the needed ingredients, and to evaluate their suitability.
- Provides information and advice regarding drug interactions, side effects, dosage, and proper medication storage.
- Assesses the identity, strength, or purity of medications.
- Compounds and dispenses medications and IV therapy, as prescribed by physicians and other providers by calculating, weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients, or overseeing these activities, detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
- Plans, implements, and maintains procedures for mixing, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals according to policy and legal requirements to ensure quality, security, and proper disposal.
- Orders and purchases pharmaceutical supplies, medical supplies, and drugs, maintaining stock and storing and handling it properly.
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians’ workflow, verifying their preparation, and labeling of pharmaceuticals, and verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of healthcare professionals and counseling patients on drug therapies.
- Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration.
- Maintains records for controlled substances and removes outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory.
- Supervises the work results of support personnel, while on duty.
- Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection control protocols.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Graduate degree from an accredited pharmacy college recognized by the American Council of Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE)
- At least 2 years of hospital pharmacy experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or Doctorate in Pharmacy (PharmD)
- Must know pharmacy rules, regulations and guidelines, both federal and state
- Valid OH pharmacist license