Pharmacist / Morgantown, KY
Morgantown, KY US
Spectrum Healthcare Services, a medical staffing agency is recruiting for Relief Pharmacists to work in Pharmacies in Morgantown, KY. The Pharmacist will fill in on open days based on need and availability. Available shifts are Sun-Sat; day shift.
- Reviews prescriptions to ensure accuracy, to ascertain the needed ingredients, and to evaluate their suitability.
- Provides information and advice regarding drug interactions, side effects, dosage, and proper medication storage.
- Assesses the identity, strength, or purity of medications.
- Compounds and dispenses medications and IV therapy, as prescribed by physicians and other providers by calculating, weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients, or overseeing these activities, detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
- Plans, implements, and maintains procedures for mixing, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals according to policy and legal requirements to ensure quality, security, and proper disposal.
- Orders and purchases pharmaceutical supplies, medical supplies, and drugs, maintaining stock and storing and handling it properly.
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians’ workflow, verifying their preparation, and labeling of pharmaceuticals, and verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of healthcare professionals and counseling patients on drug therapies.
- Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration.
- Maintains records for controlled substances and removes outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory.
- Supervises the work results of support personnel, while on duty.
- Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection control protocols.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Graduate degree from an accredited pharmacy college recognized by the American Council of Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE)
- At least 2 years of pharmacy experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or Doctorate in Pharmacy (PharmD)
- Must know pharmacy rules, regulations and guidelines, both federal and state
- Valid KY pharmacist license