Paralegal / Louisville, KY
Louisville, KY US
Spectrum Healthcare Services, a healthcare recruiting agency is seeking a Paralegal for our Healthcare client. This is a full-time, direct hire position. The position is in the 40202 zip code.
The Paralegal provides paralegal support in the Legal Department for the Litigation and Employment teams.
- Manages the litigation hold process, including ensuring compliance with litigation holds, protective orders, and e-discovery requirements as directed by Counsel.
- Provides pre-litigation and litigation support to Counsel, develops and maintains files and reports, collecting and organizing documents for production, drafting and coordinating responses to information requests and interviews company witnesses under the direction of Counsel.
- Coordinates legal update conferences with internal and external parties.
- Responsible for processing legal settlements.
- Monitors state employment law updates.
- Provides investigation and response support for administrative charges, petitions, audits, and claims from various governmental agencies, including but not limited to the U.S. Department of Labor, State Departments of Labor, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, state civil rights and unemployment board agencies under the direction of Counsel.
- Responds to records requests and commercial and employment subpoenas, including subpoenas for employee records in accordance with the applicable state law.
- Oversees commercial disputes involving physician receivables from breaches of employment or recruiting agreements.
- Assists Counsel with internal investigations, audits, state law research and various special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a paralegal certificate preferred
- Over 5 years of Paralegal experience
- Must have employment and commercial law experience
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Education and related experience in a similar setting shall be considered if candidate does not possess a paralegal certificate
- Must have regular and reliable attendance
Excellent total compensation package, including a competitive salary and benefits. Some of our benefits include 401K, flexible PTO, generous Employee illness benefit (EIB), medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, and an Employee Assistance Program. We believe that happy, healthy people have a passionate engagement with life and work and have designed our package to enhance your well being.