Medical Assistant / Anderson, IN & Shelbyville, IN
Anderson, IN US
Spectrum Healthcare Services, a medical staffing agency is seeking a Medical Assistant for a temporary position for approximately 8 weeks, could be longer. Hours are 8a-6p, Tues & Thur (Anderson, IN) & Wed & Fri (Shelbyville, IN), 38 hrs per week. Would prefer the same MA to cover both locations but will consider 1 MA for each location. The pay rate will depend on if the MA can cover 1 or both locations.
Assists in the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a Physician, Advanced Practitioner, or Practice Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Escorts patients to the exam room
- Prepares treatment rooms and patients for examination.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records information in the charting system.
- Calls in medication refills and prior authorizations.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
- Performs blood draws.
- Enters info on the EMR system (Epic).
- Operates an EKG.
- Gives instructions to patients as instructed by physician or other healthcare provider.
- Triages and processes messages from patients to physicians, ARNP or PA.
- Gives injections or treatments and performs routine laboratory tests.
- Takes telephone messages, routing calls, and provides feedback and answers to patients, physician, and pharmacies and returns messages as needed.
- Answers the phone, schedules appointments and makes follow-up phone calls to patients.
- Graduate of a Medical Assisting program
- Must be Certified
- Epic EMR experience preferred
- Current BLS thru the AHA
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task