Spectrum Healthcare Services, Inc. https://www.spectrumhcs.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/sm-logo-200x200-1.png http://www.spectrumhcs.com http://www.spectrumhcs.com USD 72000 93600 YEAR true
Mammography Technologist / Houston, TX ($10,000 Signing Bonus)
Houston, TX US
Posted: 06/02/2023 2023-06-02 2023-07-01 Employment Type: Direct Hire Specialty: Radiology Job Number: 502425 Pay Rate: $72,000-$93,600
Spectrum Healthcare Services, a healthcare recruiting company is seeking a Mammography Technologist in Houston, TX. This is a full-time direct hire position. Company is offering a $10,000 Signing Bonus.
- Performs mammography radiographic exams on patients ensuring compliance with all radiation safety procedures.
- Prepares patients for exam, explains the procedure, administers contrast when necessary, positions patients for the exam.
- Selects appropriate imaging techniques, and ensure the technical quality of the images.
- Helps maintain appropriate patient flow and ensures delivery of quality services in the imaging department.
- Demonstrates excellent technical skills.
- Acts as a resource and mentor to staff and less experienced technologists.
- Introduces and demonstrates new techniques to the other technologists.
- Reviews incomplete exam list and unsigned report status routinely.
- Functions as a liaison between physicians, technologists, and department support staff.
- Enters and monitors patient data and health history as its pertinent to the exam being performed.
- Performs quality assurance on mammography equipment.
- Recommends equipment modifications.
- Identifies and helps to resolve equipment malfunctions.
- Completes initial and renewal applications for ACR and any other accreditation.
- Maintains safety, environmental, and infection control procedures for the department.
- Helps schedule technologists to ensure appropriate staffing for expected patient volume.
- Intervenes with patients to help resolve complaints and issues.
- Responsible for supply management.
- Takes emergency calls within the department.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff, and visitors.
- Adheres to all organization’s policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity, and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency.
- Supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization.
- Serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Certified in Basic or Advanced Life Support
- Licensed by Texas Medical Board (MRT)
- Registered Radiology Technologist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-R)
- Registered Mammography Technologist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-M)
- Experience working in a Breast Center
- Good tenure/work history
- Strong communication skills/customer service skills
- Graduate of an accredited school of radiologic technology
- Graduate of an approved program of mammography technology
- 1 year of prior experience as a Mammography Technologist required
- Demonstrates ability to perform quality control and stereotactic exams
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver patients in conjunction with others in order to perform job functions