Licensed Practical Nurse / Valparaiso, IN
Valparaiso, IN US
Spectrum Healthcare Services, a healthcare staffing agency is recruiting for Licensed Practical Nurses to work in our float pool for facilities in Valparaiso, IN. We offer weekly pay, and when you work PRN, you can pick your own schedule.
A Licensed Practical Nurse provides direct care to patients and is a critical part of a healthcare team. LPNs take on a direct role in providing personal care to those in their care, often assisting with all areas of a resident’s daily living needs. This enables LPNs to have a hands-on understanding of the care needed and offers the ability to make a positive impact on health outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtains and monitors residents’ vital signs.
- Administers medication and reports adverse reactions to medications to nurses and physicians.
- Assists residents with eating, bathing, dressing, feeding, personal hygiene, moving in bed, standing, and walking.
- Collects specimen samples, as needed.
- Assists physicians and registered nurses in performing treatments and procedures.
- Changes dressings and bandages, ensuring patients are healing properly.
- Moves patients from wheelchair to bed.
- Maintains accurate health records.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary environment for residents.
- Discusses with residents the care they are providing and listen to their concerns.
- Monitors and reports residents’ status and concerns to registered nurses and physicians.
- Remains alert for safety issues.
- Facility Type: Nursing Home, LTC, SNF, Assisted Living, Short-Term Rehab
- Employment Type: PRN or Local Contract
- Length: Ongoing
- Shift: 8, 10 or 12-hr shifts / Days, Evening, Nights
- Hourly Rate: $33.00 $38.00 hr.
- Graduate of an accredited LPN program
- Must be licensed through the Indiana Board of Nursing
- At least 2 years of work experience as an LPN in a nursing home, LTC or SNF
- Must have a current BLS thru the AHA
- Must be FULLY vaccinated from COVID
- Must pass a background check and drug test
- Current TB test required or Chest x-ray, if positive test
- Will need to provide 2 recent supervisor references
- Excellent verbal, written and oral communication skills
- Must have a caring and positive demeanor and a desire to help people
- Must be tactful, patient, understanding, and dependable
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Must have excellent attendance and punctuality