Director of Emergency Services / Ottumwa, IA
Ottumwa, IA US
Spectrum Healthcare Services, a healthcare recruiting company is seeking a Director of Emergency Services in Ottumwa, IA. This is a full-time direct hire position.
The Director of Emergency Services provides clinical and administrative leadership and expertise in the field of emergency medicine, and is responsible for the implementation of the vision, mission, plans, and standards of the organization and nursing services.
- Participates, and facilitates staff participation, in nursing and organizational policy formulation and decision-making.
- Accepts organizational accountability for services provided to recipients.
- Evaluates the quality and appropriateness of care.
- Provides guidance for and supervision of personnel accountable to the Director of Emergency Services including evaluation of performance.
- Coordinates nursing services with the services of other health care disciplines.
- Participates in the recruitment, selection, and retention of personnel.
- Assumes accountability for staffing and scheduling personnel.
- Assures appropriate orientation, education, credentialing, and continuing professional development for personnel.
- Develops and monitors the budget for defined areas.
- Participates and involves nursing staff in evaluative research activities.
- Fosters a climate conducive to educational experiences for nursing and other students.
- Maintains oversight of the hospital trauma program and ensures that the facility is meeting all state requirements for trauma designation.
- Assures appropriate level of understanding, awareness and compliance with all applicable Joint Commission, CMS, state and local agency laws, internal/external regulations, guidelines, policies, procedures and professional standards.
- 3-5 years experience in related clinical practice with minimum of 1-2 years in clinical leadership role
- Current RN license in the state of Iowa
- Current certification in BLS
- Must obtain ACLS and PALS certifications within 6 months of hire
- Must obtain TNCC certification within one year of hire
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing or related field, or AD in nursing with demonstrated equivalent competencies and enrollment in baccalaureate program
- Master's degree preferred
- Effectively communicates with patients, visitors, associates and others
- Ability to take quick action to resolve customer complaints
- Ability to maintain accurate records and reports questionable practices
- Knowledge of current practices in emergency nursing and pre-hospital care
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to motivate personnel
- Clear, concise and persuasive writing and presentation skills
- Strong orientation to deadline and detail
- Frequent public speaking/training expected
- Word Processing PC Skills, knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel desirable
- Decisive and capable of exercising good judgment under pressure
- Ability to manage a diverse and demanding workload
- Ability to collect, analyze and present data