Certified Medical Assistant / Frisco, TX
Frisco, TX US
Spectrum Healthcare Services, a healthcare staffing agency is seeking a Medical Assistant for an employer-based wellness clinic in Frisco, TX.
Assists in the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a Physician, Advanced Practitioner, or Practice Manager.
- Escorts patients to the exam room.
- Prepares treatment rooms and patients for examination.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records information in the charting system.
- Performs blood draws.
- Gives instructions to patients as instructed by physician or other healthcare provider.
- Triages and processes messages from patients to physicians, ARNP or PA.
Employment Type: Temporary
Length: Approx 8 weeks
Target Start Date: ASAP
Shift: M, W, Fri (8a-5p) and Tu & Th (6:30-4p) or whenever patient care is finished, so looking for someone with flexibility with their schedule
Weekly Hours: 40 but could be slightly more with OT
Could possibly work into part-time or full-time position, for right candidate
Hourly Rate: $20.00-$22.00 hr.
- Must be a Certified Medical Assistant
- Must have excellent blood draw skills
- BLS certification through AHA required
- Must have at least 2 yrs of MA experience