We are recruiting for a Registered Nurse for a home-based position in LEXINGTON, KY. The position is called a Skilled Inpatient Care Coordinator (SICC). The SICC plays an integral role in optimizing the patient's recovery journey. Hours are Mon-Fri 8:00a-5:00p. Six weeks of training provided, two of those weeks are in Nashville, TN; will be able to come home on the weekends.
- Performs SNF assessments on patients using clinical skills and appropriate measurement tools such as LiveSafe, OPT, InterQual and CMS criteria upon admission to SNFs and periodically through the patient’s stay.
- Reviews targets for length of stay, target outcomes and discharge plans with the providers and family.
- Completes all SNF concurrent reviews, updating authorizations on a timely basis.
- Collaborates effectively with the patient’s healthcare team to establish an optimal discharge plan. The healthcare team includes physicians, referral coordinators, discharge planners, social workers, physical therapist, etc.
- Assures the patient is progressing toward discharge goals and assist to resolve barriers.
- Participate in SNF rounds weekly providing accurate and up-to-date information to the Manager or Medical Director.
- Assures appropriate referrals are made to the Health Plan, High Risk Case Manager and/or community-based services.
- Engages with patient, family or caregiver either telephonically or on-site weekly and as needed.
- Assesses and monitors patient’s continued appropriateness for SNF setting (as indicated), according to InterQual criteria.
- Enter timely and accurate documentation into the computer.
- Travel within a 30-45 mile radius from home.