We are recruiting for an RN Surgical Services Manager. This is a dayshift position.
Utilizing the nursing process, the manager assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the delivery of patient care. The manager is responsible for: meeting the established Standards of Nursing Care, managing assigned personnel, and promoting collaboration among the disciplines.
- Builds a high performing clinical work team by recruiting and retaining skilled professional staff.
- Builds a strong infrastructure with designated charge nurses and unit champions.
- Engages staff in developing action plans for needed change to create safe, desired outcomes.
- Completes periodic evaluations of personnel supervised.
- Coaches and disciplines personnel when deems appropriate.
- Works closely with staff, unit champions, and the clinical educator to identify and meet educational needs.
- Establishes standards of care for professional nursing practice that staff are held accountable to.
- Monitors critical processes and outcomes of care through audits, analysis of data, and complaints or incident reports.
- Facilitates throughput through early discharge of patients, pull-ahead beds, and timely admission/transfer of patients and forecasting admission.