We are recruiting for a Perfusionist for a 12-16 week contract assignment for a facility in Dallas, TX. This is a dayshift position, plus evening call rotation 1:4.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Monitors the altered circulatory process, initiates appropriate action when abnormalities arise, and keeps surgeon and other personnel fully informed.
- Ensures the sterility and integrity of packaging of disposable equipment used as well as the correct setup and breakdown of disposable and non-disposable and sterile and non-sterile equipment.
- Monitors cell saver and operates the heart-lung machine, blood gas analysis machine, clotting time/heparin analyzer, and cardiac-assist devices.
- Mixes and administers drugs and solutions required for myocardial preservation in a manner that is consistent with industry best practices and established policies and procedures.
- Adjusts gas flow and mixtures, administers anesthetic agents, blood, drugs and fluids via the extracorporeal circuit in a manner that consistently results in safe and effective procedures.
- Records relevant perfusion information during surgery; analyzes and maintains records after surgery.
- Performs quality control/preventive maintenance to ensure accuracy and longevity of equipment. Maintains inventory of equipment and supplies.