We are recruiting for a Trauma Nurse Practitioner (TNP) for a 12-week contract assignment in South Bend, IN. Hours are 7a-7p.
The TNP will work collaboratively with the attending physicians to ensure continuity of care to the trauma patient population. The TNP plans, implements, and evaluates health care treatments, rounds on patients daily, performs procedures, monitors patient progress, assists in wound care, and provides trauma patient and family education. Needs to be comfortable with initial trauma assessments on new trauma patients in the emergency department.
- Obtains patient histories and performs assessments, via observation, interview and examination.
- Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies.
- Performs preventative health assessments, screenings, immunizations and patient care.
- Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions, via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
- Counsels and educates patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health treatment options and community resources.
- Documents delivery of health care and nursing processes in accordance with specific specialty area standards.
- Responds to emergencies and changes in condition of assigned patients.
- Collaborates with Physicians and other caregivers of multidisciplinary team.
- Assumes joint responsibility with the medical staff to ensure that orders and plan of care, as they relate to patient care are appropriately carried out.