We are recruiting for a Medical Assistant to work in a 2-person employer-based wellness center on a PRN basis. Dates will vary throughout the year, Mon-Fri. The position includes front and back office duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assists in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a Physician, Nurse Practitioner and/or RN, in compliance with state practice acts and regulations.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records information on patients' charts.
- Prepares treatment rooms and patients for examination.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
- Operates electrocardiograph (EKG) and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests.
- Gives injections or treatments and performs routine laboratory tests.
- Schedules appointments and makes follow-up phone calls to patients.
- Performs administrative tasks, completes appropriate client company and OSHA regulated forms, and provides assistance at front desk.
- Keys data into computer to maintain clinic and patient records.